This section gives an overview of the new features and functions added to the Baker Kitchen. We have broken it out by each tool to make it easier for you to find the features that impact you the most.
Meet Your New Kitchen Toolbar
- Home Dashboard: High-level performance insights on all of the Baker tools
- Rewards: Where you will find reward setup for your loyalty program
- Experiences: Where you can manage drawings and events, as well as view overall Checkin insights
- Connect: Where you can send Connect texts, create lists, view Connect usage details, and find your Collect embed
- Customers: Where you will manage your customer database
- Settings: You can set up your business details, add and manage employees, create or edit your Loyalty program, and create stations
Kitchen Toolbar Location
The Kitchen toolbar is now optimized for mobile functionality. It will always be located on the left-hand side of the Kitchen for consistent workflow. The toolbar expands by simply clicking on the top left corner of the Kitchen and will automatically disappear once you click anywhere outside of the toolbar.
Kitchen Navigation Changes
- Checkin, Drawings, and Events will now be managed in the new “Experiences App” and within “Experiences” within the Baker Kitchen
- Collect is now found within the Connect tool in the left navigation
- In Baker Classic, you set up rewards in “Loyalty,” reward setup can now be found within “Rewards” from the left navigation.
- Loyalty “Preferences” are now found under “Settings” in the left navigation
- Analytics are now found on the “Home” view in the Baker Kitchen. Additional analytics snapshots can be found on the top of each tool page throughout the Kitchen
Employee Security Access and Permissions
New Employee Titles and Permissions
In the new Baker Kitchen, we have four types of employee access: Owner, Admin, Manager, and Staff. We have updated functionality for employees with lower access so they can view but not edit specific items according to their job function. You can find more details on the access level for each employee type below:
- Highest access level
- Access to edit and view every page across all locations within the organization
- Access to the organization view to access all settings and records across locations from one place
- This is the only employee type that can create loyalty programs, tiers, and triggers, as well as view Connect billing
- Only employee type that can create other owners and admins
- Second highest access level
- Access to edit and view most pages within one assigned location. Here are the exceptions:
- View only access of loyalty programs, tiers, and triggers
- No access to Connect billing
- Can create Manager and Staff employees
- Second lowest access level
- Access to edit and view many pages within one assigned location. Here are the exceptions:
- View only access of loyalty programs, tiers, triggers, and point magnifiers
- View only access of Connect messages
- View only access of Stations in Kitchen
- No access to Connect billing or lists
- Can create Manager and Staff employees
- Lowest access level
- View only access to many pages within one assigned location. Here are the exceptions:
- Can manage reward redemptions
- Cannot view any pages within Connect
- Cannot view Business Settings
- Cannot view Stations in Kitchen
- Cannot create any employees
New Analytics Dashboard
Understanding how Baker’s tools are performing and working for your business should be a key part of your day. For this reason, we wanted analytics to be front and center in the new Baker platform. Your first view in the Baker Kitchen will now give you an overview of how things are working (or not working). You can get insights on:
- Checkins: Total checkins, first checkins, repeat checkins, checkins over time
- Loyalty: Total customers, rewards redeemed, points redeemed, customers over time
- Experiences: Total events, total event attendees, total drawings, total drawing entries, and checkins for drawings and events over time
- Connect: New subscriptions, unsubscribes, campaigns sent, average CTR, subscriptions over time
Read more about the dashboard here.
Checkin and Experiences
Checkin Compatibility With the Experiences App
One of the largest and most exciting updates to Baker’s Checkin tool is that is now compatible with ALL browsers and devices. You can run Checkin on any device that has an internet connection, it no longer has to be an iPad.
- This new functionality is due to the new Experiences app, which is a web-based app. Moving forward, you should no longer use the Checkin app. With this change, you will no longer have to worry about downloading new Checkin versions. The new Experiences app can be found at https://checkin.trybaker.com.
Improve tracking and performance insights of Checkin with Stations set up. Stations setup can be found under “Settings” in the left navigation
- In Baker Classic you created Checkin Stations, in the new Baker Kitchen, you will now create “Stations.” You can then assign specific stations to be used for different experiences in the Experiences App. In the Experience App, you can simply use a regular checkin type or you can launch a checkin with an associated drawing or event. Each station will have separate performance insights that can be viewed within the “Experiences” view of the Baker Kitchen
- Baker Tip: We’d recommend you start by having a separate station for each device you are using for Checkin, for example, one device may be in your waiting room and the other by your POS.
Capture More Data
Customers are now required enter their name when they check in so you can have a more complete customer database
Every Station background color can be customized with your brand color hex code, you are not limited to the eight colors Baker previously had
Improved Checkin Insights
Found in the “Checkins” view under “Experiences,” you have more data on checkin activity, including total checkins, first-time checkins, checkin frequency, and more
Stations also allow for a higher level of insights since you can track performance by station (or device)
Events are now set up within “Experiences.” They have start and end dates, you can add or remove loyalty, and event Checkin insights are displayed within the Checkin dashboard
Read more about Experiences here.
Create Lists to Save Filter Settings
You can now automate filtering to specific groups of customers by saving filter settings as a list. To create a list, navigate to the “Lists” view within “Connect.”
Flexible Message Creation
We’ve developed a few new features to make texting even easier, you can now save drafts, edit pre-scheduled messages, and copy previously sent messages.
We have also added alerts to let you know that special characters may increase your segment count.
New Filters and Filter Functionality
We added new filters for your messages as well as the ability to use “AND” and “OR” in between filters and filter groups. These new filters can be found during list creation.
- Points Expiration Message: With this new Connect filter you can message all customers whose points are about to expire within a custom time period.
We have created a simple way to preview your message as it will display on your customers mobile devices. Check out this feature when you create a new message by clicking on, “Preview and Test.” You will also get a preview message prior to sending or scheduling your message
More Performance Insights
You can now easily view the date and time for every Connect message sent. There is also a Connect snapshot at the top of the tool page that includes average CTR (click-through rate), average Checkin conversion rate, and current subscriber total
To ensure TCPA compliance, we restricted users from sending Connect messages outside of 8 am and 9 pm local time
Connect Signup Message
You now set your custom message for Connect signup in “Notifications” found under “Settings."
Read more about Connect here.
Drawings Navigation Changes
In Baker Classic, “Drawings” were found within “Checkin.” Drawings are now a view within “Experiences”
Updated Winner Messaging
You can now choose to message winner(s) individually or as a group. Once a winner is selected, you can message them directly from the drawings view.
Control the number of entries each person may submit, as well as the time allowed between entries
Read more about drawings here.
Collect was previously found under “Preferences” in the Baker Kitchen, it is now found within the Connect tool in the left navigation
On the Collect view within Connect, you can now see a preview of exactly what the Collect embed code will look like on your website
Read more about Collect here.
To ensure data accuracy, interests will now only be using 10 product categories such as flower, vape, indica, etc. With this naming and product association standardization, this will make it easier for you to analyze which products your customers are interested in.
You now have more information available in the main view, without having to click into a specific customer profile, such as med vs. rec, their loyalty tier, and points balance.
On the main view of the customer center, you can view high-level stats about your customer database, such as total customers, total Connect subscribers, Checkin frequency, and more.
Read more about the Customer Center here.
Loyalty and Rewards
Loyalty Settings Navigation Changes
Loyalty “Preferences” are now called “Loyalty” and found under “Settings” in the left navigation
Reward Navigation Changes
In Baker Classic you set up rewards in “Loyalty,” reward setup can now be found within “Rewards” from the left navigation
Introducing Points Per Dollar
With enhanced integrations with all the major POS, Baker now gives you control to set up your loyalty points based on dollars spent, visits, or both
Loyalty Tiers are Here
Customize how you reward your most loyal customers. You can now build loyalty tiers based on total customer accrued points and assign specific rewards or multipliers based on each tier. The tiers view can be found within “Loyalty” within “Settings.”
New Points Triggers
To simplify loyalty setup, we have created a new view called “Points” that allows you to specify awarded loyalty points by specific triggers or actions, such as a checkin or program enrollment. Triggers can also be managed at the organizational level to simplify workflows across all your locations. The points view can be found within “Loyalty” within “Settings”
Time of Day Settings for Points Magnifier
You can now enable a points magnifier for specific hours of each day. The magnifiers view can be found in “Loyalty” within “Settings”
Set (or schedule) specific timeframes for your rewards, for example for Valentine’s Day, inspired rewards you could set rewards to only be available between February 7 - February 14. You can also define the specific days of the week that a reward would be available. Scheduling rewards can be found in “Rewards”
Reward Redemption Log
You can now access a full log of all redemptions regardless of acceptance, so you can easily manage as needed. For example, you can view customer details from a redemption or can ‘undo’ an accepted redemption.
Rewards Product Association
To help streamline your operations, rewards are now associated directly with a ‘mother product’. This mother product comes from Baker’s extensive product database. The product database is curated directly from brands to ensure accuracy. With this new product association, you can now take advantage of the accurate product images Baker has for your Reward display
Rewards Customer Association
You can now directly link from redeemed rewards to specific customers to improve operational efficiencies
Loyalty Signup and Reward Accepted Custom Messages
You now set custom messages for these actions in “Notifications” found under “Settings”
Read more about Loyalty here.
Key New Features for Organizations with Multiple Locations
Navigation and Tool Setup
To streamline operations, we made all platform tools and settings available at the organizational level versus location-specific
Quickly navigate between your locations by selecting from a drop-down that can always be found at the top of the Kitchen
Flexible Account Creation
Choose to set up and assign employees to a specific location or at the organizational level, which could give them access to multiple locations. Employees can be managed in “Settings” found in the left navigation
New Employee Permissions
We created new roles that provide ‘editing’ or ‘view only’ access to the Baker Kitchen. Reference the “Employee Security Access and Permissions” section of “What’s New” to see all new access levels
How to Get Set Up on the New Kitchen
If you'd like to see more about the new Kitchen or switch over from Baker Classic please reach out to your Customer Success Manager and they'd be happy to help.