SETUP & SUPPORT GUIDE
This guide is designed to help you with basic product setup and common troubleshooting issues. Please use this as a reference BEFORE contacting your Baker CSM or Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) with issues or questions.
*All material and images contained in this document are the property of Baker Technologies and may not be reproduced or distributed without Baker’s explicit, written consent.*
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- GETTING STARTED
- ADVANCED SETUP
- BEST PRACTICES/TIPS
The Promo Center provides the tools to create deals that will keep existing customers coming back and also bring in new traffic.
- You can only redeem a promo code once. When the customer places the order with a promo code, they can’t use it again and it won’t appear on your Shop page for them.
- Only one promo may be applied to each order.
- Create a Promo
- Share/Advertise a Promo
- Edit a Promo
When creating new promos, we advise you to have a maximum of 3-4 active promos shown in your Specials at a given time.
To create a new promo, enter the promo center in the kitchen and click on the "New Promo" button located at the top of the Promo Center.
This will bring you to a screen where you can enter the details of your promo.
*Indicates this field is always required
Copy Existing Promo - This field allows you to copy details from a previous Promo if you plan to run a similar promotion.
Title - The information you enter here will be seen as the headline of the promo in the 'Specials' section at the top of your menu.
Promo Details -This section is required for all promo types. The details should include contextual information (e.g. for March only) or a quippy line (e.g. We have overstock!)
CODE - The promo code cannot have spaces or special characters. The code should reflect or relate to the promo you’re offering (e.g. for a promo offering $5 off Orders of $50 or more, the code could be 5OFF50)
Note: You cannot create multiple promos with the same code. When you enter a code, this field automatically validates there is not another promo that exists with that code in your system.
Date Range - A date range is required for each promo. If you want the promo to begin immediately and end on a certain date, you only need to enter an end date. If you want the promo to be active continuously, set an end date far in the future. Promos begin and end at midnight local time.
Order Minimum - This field is ONLY necessary for promo types that include an order minimum (e.g. 10% off orders over $100; Free preroll with orders over $50, etc). You may enter an integer value into this field (e.g. 50 = $50.00)
Show in Specials - In this pull-down menu, you may select if you would like customers to see the promo in the Specials section at the top of your Baker menu. If you select "Don't Show in Specials," then the promo will not appear in your menu, but it will still be active for that provided date range. A customer can enter this promo code before completing an online order.
This way, you can choose to hand out or message special promos codes to certain customers.
Med & Rec -If you serve both Medical and Recreational customers through one Baker account. If you only want a promo to appear for your medical customers, then you may select "Medical Only" from the drop down menu. If you dispensary does not serve both medical and recreational customers on one Baker account, then you do not need to adjust this field.
Day of the Week Availability - This option allows you to run a promo for a specific day of the week (e.g. Medible Monday, Wax Wednesday, Shatterday). All promos default to run every day of the week (This promo should run daily until the expiry date) unless specified otherwise in creation or editing.
Promo Type - In this menu section, you may select what kind of promo you are offering, Be careful when choosing your promo type, because this will affect what information is necessary in order to save your promo.
- % Discount on item(s): When you select this option, a field will appear below where you can enter the % discount in integer form, and you will need to associate products accordingly. This is to offer a discount on specific items only.
- $ Discount on item(s): When you click this option you may enter a $ discount in integer or decimal form instead of a percentage (4.2 = $4.20 discount). This is to offer a discount on specific items only.
- $ Set Value: Select this option if you wish to offer a particular product for a certain discounted value (e.g. $2 Prerolls; $30 Eighths, etc.) Here you must enter the set $ amount and also associate the product you are offering for this set amount
- Buy One, Get One: When you click this option you do not need to enter a discount amount. You only need to associate the product you are offering with the BOGO deal. Note, that for legal reasons it's actually 'buy one, get one for a penny' and the second item eligible will be in the cart for $.01
- Note: currently your customer will only be able to apply this type of promo with one particular item, though they may select from any product that is associated with the deal.
- Free Stuff: Select this option if you want to offer a free item, and associate products accordingly.
- % Discount on Order: Similar to the % Discount on Item(s) option, you will need to enter a % discount in the field that appears below when this option is selected. However, this percentage will apply to everything in the customer's cart.
- $ Discount on Order: This option functions the same as % Discount on Order, but you will enter the $ discount that will be applied to the order total of a customer's cart.
Limit Quantity - You can use this drop-down menu to determine how many items the customer may purchase. under this promotion (e.g. if you only want to let someone add ONE $2 preroll using the promo deal). You may limit the promo quantity to any integer value.
Note: do NOT limit quantity for BOGO offers or Order total discounts
Image Options - When you select this option, you are brought to a window that allows you to either search existing images from the database, or to upload your own image that will appear in the menu with your promo.
If no image is selected or uploaded, then a default image will appear in the menu. We encourage you select an image for every promo you create.
Once you've completed all fields in the promo creation, you may then choose to associate what products will be eligible for your promo. To do so, select the "No Eligible Product" on the left side of the promo field, and this will bring you to a screen where you may associate types of, units for, and specific individual products with a promo.
Note: This option allows you to select which products a customer will be able to choose from when applying a promo to their order. This option is necessary when offering % Discount on item(s), $ Discount on item(s), $ Set Value, Boy One Get One, and Free Stuff. You should not associate products with promos applying to order totals.
- Left - in this column, you may choose what type of product the promo will apply to. Once selected, applicable units and specific products will appear in the next two columns accordingly.
- Center - in this column, you may select the available units of an item associated with a promo. This field is relevant mostly for flower and concentrate (e.g. offering $30 eighths, or $5 off 1g of shatter). If you don't wish to specify which units of a product the promo is associated with, do not select any units in this field.
- Right - this column lists all items included in your current menu (both in and out of stock) that fall into the category selected on the left. This allows you to choose which specific strains or product brands a customer can choose form when applying a promo code.
Note: if you select the "All" option in these columns, the promo will be applicable to all current items listed in this column, but will not apply to any items or quantities added in the future. If you would like for a promo such as 10% off Flower to be applicable to a flower whenever it is activated, then leave both the center and the righthand column blank. By selecting the "None" option here all previous selected associations will be cleared.
Once you select 'Associate Product,' you will be taken back to the screen where you can edit the promo details, and can choose to view or edit product association by selecting 'View Eligible Products.'
After completing the product association, select the 'SAVE!' option on the bottom right of the screen. and the promo will be saved to your promo center. A completed promo might look something like this:
Note: if you have failed to fill out a required field for a given promo, a dialogue box with appear, and you will not be able to save the promo.
Once you have created promos, you can view, edit and share them from your promo center. Keeping your promos up to date and messaging out about the deals at your dispensary is a great way to stay front of mind with your customers.
To make a promo unavailable, click on the purple check mark on the far right of the screen. Once you do this, an "x" will appear, indicating customers will no longer be able to see this promo in your menu or apply it to any of their orders.
To edit a promo that already exists, select the 'edit' icon.
The Promo tool is a powerful mechanism for advertising your deals, driving customer traffic and increasing online orders frequency and value.
Here we take you through creating some common deals and promotions on the Baker platform so you can start increasing revenue today.
Day of the Week Deal: Wax Wednesday
A fully built Wax Wednesday promo
Creating deals specific to certain days of the week is a great way to drive more traffic on slower days. Other similar deals include Mangia Monday, Thirsty Thursday, and Shatterday.
Wax Wednesday is a promotion for 10% off of select concentrates. This deal will only be available to your customers on Wednesdays, and will automatically appear at the top of your online menu on this day each week. The deal will automatically remove itself at the end of every Wednesday.
By selecting 'View Eligible Products' you can see and edit what items are eligible for each deal:
Notice the Bubble and Live Resin are not highlighted and will not associate with this deal.
The promo association allows you to determine exactly which items you want your customers to see when they select to apply a deal to their preorder. You can choose to associate a deal with an entire category of items (e.g. all concentrates), or you can narrow the association further by units, weights, and down to specific menu items.
Note: If you only select a category (far left) then this promo will be associated with all in-stock items on your menu that fall into this category.
The final step in the promo creation process is choosing an image. This image will be featured along with your deal at the top of your menu.
The Image Manager searching for "wax."
You can search the Baker database for images relevant to your promo, or upload your own image.
The promo tool is extremely useful when trying to push certain types of products off the shelf such as overstock, trial products, and product near their expiration date. Here is an example of a deal, the Daily Dank, featuring particular strains of flower. This deal will show in the specials at the top of your online menu until you decide to deactivate it. The promo offers an eighth of flower for $20, and your customer is limited to ordering up to two eighths at this price.
Notice only three strains are eligible for this deal.
This deal has been associated with an eighth three select strains: Ghost OG, Griz Kush, and Jack Flash.
Note: You can always update the strains associated with this deal by editing this promo after it has been saved.
Order Total Deals: $5 off Online Orders over $50!
This promo will not apply to orders less than $50 because of the value in the Order Minimum field.
Featuring deals with an order minimum is a great way to increase your average order size and drive revenue. By creating a deal that is specific to online orders, you can direct customers to your site in a trackable way that provides your business with rich data and insights.
In this example, the customer must have at least $50 worth of product in their cart before they are able to apply this promo. The promo will be active and appear at the top of your online menu for the month of June only. This way, you will be able to assess the success of your deal by comparing online revenue month over month.
Q: How will my POS system know about the promo?
A: Baker doesn't communicate in the way with your POS system and you'll need to build a corresponding promo.
Q: How many promos can be used at once?
A: One. Only one promo can be applied to each order.
Q: How can I let my customers know about the promos I'm running?
A: To message your customers about a promo through the Connect tool, select the 'share' button. This will take you to a populated Connect message that you can enter.