In order to prevent customers or patients from opening other apps on the iPad, you may want to lock the screen by enabling guide access.
How to Lock the Checkin Screen
First, you'll need to enable guided access, then you can set it up on the Checkin app specifically.
- Open Settings > General > Accessibility
- Scroll to the bottom of the Accessibility menu and select 'Guided Access'
- Tap the toggle to turn Guided Access on
- Still in this menu, select 'Passcode Settings' and then tap 'Set Guided Access Passcode'
- Set a passcode you'll be sure to remember
Once Guided Access is on, you'll need to lock the Checkin screen.
- Open the Baker Checkin App
- Tap the home button quickly three times
- Enter the passcode you set
- Select 'Start'
- The iPad is now locked to the Checkin app and it can't be closed unless the passcode is entered
- To unlock the screen, tap the home button quickly three times and select 'End'
For more information, please read this article from Apple support.